Why Invest in Hong Kong?
Strategically located for business in Asia
Hong Kong is ideally located for growing companies that want to do business with Mainland China and Asia. It enjoys peerless transport connections.
Hong Kong is strategically located at the heart of Asia, alongside many of the region’s most exciting business markets.
- Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei, Manila, Kuala Lumpur and Perth are in the same time zone as Hong Kong
- Bangkok, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo are within one hour’s difference
Easy and efficient regional travel is key to Hong Kong’s success as a regional centre.
- Over 100 airlines offer flights to about 190 locations
- All Asia’s key markets are less than four hours’ flight away
- Half the world’s population is within five hours’ flight time
- About 1,100 daily flights between Hong Kong and the rest of the world
The gateway to Mainland China
Hong Kong offers easy access – commercially and geographically – to Mainland China business opportunities. The Pearl River Delta (PRD) region is immediately to the north of Hong Kong and business people commute regularly and easily between the two.
The PRD, as it’s commonly known, is China’s largest and most productive manufacturing region. It is home to tens of thousands of factories owned or managed by Hong Kong and overseas companies. As a result of its manufacturing success, the major cities of the PRD – Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Dongguan – are now among the wealthiest in China and have become strong markets for consumer goods and business services in their own right.
From Hong Kong to Guangzhou and beyond
Ensuring the smooth flow of people and cargo between Hong Kong and Mainland China is essential to business success. Several new transport links are under construction, including the Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong Express Rail Link.
- The rail link from Hong Kong to Guangzhou will cover 142 kilometres in 48 minutes
- It will link into existing train services on the Mainland, connecting Hong Kong still further with other major cities in southern China and beyond
- Wuhan will be accessible in five hours and Shanghai in eight hours, city centre to city centre