Lawrence is the Founder and Chief Technology Officer of 3E Accounting Group. He is a Chartered Accountant with regional experience in the field of corporate services, taxation services, GST services, auditing services, financial due diligence, business and technology advisory and the digital economy as listed:
- Fellow Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (“FCCA”)
- Chartered Accountant of Singapore (CA (Singapore)) of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (“ISCA”)
- Chartered Accountants Worldwide (“CAW”) Network Member
- Member of INSOL International
- Accredited Tax Practitioner (GST) of the Singapore Chartered Tax Professionals (“SCTP”)
- Accredited Tax Advisor (Income Tax) of the Singapore Chartered Tax Professionals (“SCTP”)
- Chartered Accountant of Malaysia (“CA (Malaysia)”)
- Member of CPA Australia (“CPA (Aust.)”)
- ASEAN Chartered Professional Accountant (“ASEAN CPA”)
- Ordinary Member of the Malaysia Institute of Human Resource Management (“MMIHRM”)
- Professional Member of Singapore Human Resources Institute (“SHRI”)
- Certificate of Employment Intermediaries (“CEI”) for Key Appointment Holders (“KAH”)
- Affiliate of the Singapore Association of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators (“SAICS”)
- Ordinary Member of Singapore Institute of Directors (“MSID”).
- Xero’s Certified Advisor
- QuickBooks ProAdvisor
- Professional Certified Marketer PCM® Digital Marketing
- Certified Digital Marketing Professional (DMI)
- Google Ads Display Certification
- Google Ads Search Certification
Prior to establishing 3E Accounting, Lawrence worked in a medium-sized audit firm, Baker Tilly. During his employment at Baker Tilly, he was involved in the audits of listed and non-listed companies of various industries. Besides, Lawrence was involved in business advisory work including due diligence reviews for both local and overseas companies and special investigation engagements.
Lawrence’s vast auditing experience in listed companies in Singapore, Malaysia, China and many more regional countries is key to driving the success of 3E Accounting. His experience with LTC LLP, an affiliate firm of BKR International in Singapore, extends to a wide range of industries for both listed and non-listed companies including manufacturing, trading, retailing, hospitality, construction, water treatment plants, hypermarket, non-profit organization, software engineering, property development and investment holdings.
Overseas Business Expansion
In 2014, Lawrence set up 3E Accounting’s first overseas office in Malaysia. Lawrence’s extensive experience in Singapore and Malaysia has helped to support clients to start their Malaysian business through the new Malaysia office.
In 2016, Lawrence championed the establishment of 3E Accounting International, that aimed to offer services beyond excellence through a well-connected global accounting network. Today, it is the largest home-grown global accounting network with an international presence in more than 80 countries worldwide. 3E Accounting International was established with a strong professional background, good knowledge within their local jurisdiction and trusted experience in handling clients internationally.
Lawrence has built up a core team of highly experienced professionals with extensive experience in financial, tax, corporate, advisory and regulatory regimes. To date, 3E Accounting has served a client-base of over 3,000 companies and start-ups.
Corporate and Media Accolades
Lawrence has bagged many awards that recognized his achievements and contributions to society and industry, and is testament to his talent and leadership. Being featured regularly on media from Singapore Business Review to The Straits Times – Visit by Minister Josephine Teo, The Straits Times – First SME auditing firm to be unionized and radio interviews on Capital 958FM, 883 JiaFM and a firm believer in Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance, Lawrence’s positive media presence and ESG commitment has reinforced 3E Accounting Group as a trusted, reliable and responsible corporate citizen and global firm.
The Way Forward
Having established 3E Accounting as the largest home-grown global accounting network, Lawrence is channeling his passion in innovation and technology to design and develop cutting-edge automated solutions that will re-engineer traditional business processes as Singapore moves towards a Smart Nation. In support of the Professional Services Industry Transformation Map (ITM), Lawrence set up the Digital Research and Development team in 3E Accounting and is leading the team to formulate the Digital Master Plan to map out the digital transformation of the business, focusing on the new growth areas in robotic business automation (RPA), Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI). With these advanced applications, Lawrence will deliver customized business advisory and cloud-based solutions to give clients that digital advantage and significant competitive edge.